The UWF Libraries has a wide variety of equipment for students, faculty, and staff to use outside of the library for learning or other work related to the University's Strategic Plan.
Some items we loan have unique requirements so these items have specific pages for them:
Below is an availability listing for our most popular equipment, the location of the items (color coded), and the checkout term (or length). Due to limited availability, no renewals are permitted for any equipment type.
Other Equipment & Accessories
These items are only available at the Pace Library (Building 32).
|Portable Projector Screens||2-day|
|USB Document Camera||Semester|
|Student Response "Clickers" (Class Set)||Semester|
|SMART Board Accessories||All Day|
|Yeti USB Microphone||3-day|
|GoPro Selfie Stick||14-day|
|Wacom Intuos Tablet||7-day|
|SD Card Reader||48-hour|
|USB Headset (w/ Microphone)||7-day|
|Apple Laptop Charger||24-hour|
Eligibility and Responsibilities
The University of West Florida Libraries' equipment may be checked out by currently enrolled UWF students and currently employed UWF faculty and staff who have and present a valid, readable Nautilus Card, maintain library accounts that are in good standing, and who read, agree to, and sign an equipment loan agreement. Students may check out only one of each type of equipment per checkout.
The working condition of the equipment is assessed by library staff before checkout and upon its return. Upon checkout, the borrower assumes full responsibility for the equipment and all its components. Library staff strongly recommends and requests that borrowers inspect the equipment they are checking out before leaving the Circulation Desk so that they may immediately report any problems with the equipment. This action is an added measure meant to protect you, the borrower; once you have checked out the equipment and left the Circulation Desk, you become monetarily responsible for any damage to and/or loss or theft of the loaned equipment.
Borrower Responsibilities Include:
- Noting the time and date that equipment is due and ensuring the secure and prompt return of equipment checked out to them. Calling to tell library staff that you will be late returning the equipment will not prevent fines from accruing.
- Equipment must be checked out and dropped off during regular business hours at the owning library's Circulation Desk. For example, John C. Pace Library equipment cannot be returned to the Professional Studies Library or the Emerald Coast Campus Library or placed in campus drop boxes and vice versa. Equipment will NOT be shipped to distance learners or to remote faculty and staff.
- Equipment MUST be inspected for damage, proper working condition, and any accessories loaned with the equipment before being checked in and the loan being removed from the borrower's library account. Equipment returned without its accompanying accessories will not be checked in until all parts have been returned.
- Equipment borrowed on behalf of another student does not exempt the original borrower from the responsibility for the item. The original borrower will be held liable for any late fees, damages, or inappropriate returns of library equipment.
- If the borrowed equipment is damaged or lost, the borrower is required to report this information to one of the people listed below immediately; if the borrowed equipment is stolen, the borrower is required to report this information to the police immediately as well as reporting the information to one of the people listed below.
Matt Meehan - Circulation Equipment Coordinator (email@example.com / 850.857.6164)
Billy Nelson - Circulation Supervisor (firstname.lastname@example.org / 850.474.2469)
Michelle Finley - Circulation Department Head (email@example.com / 850.474.2413)
Violation of these responsibilities may result in the temporary suspension of the borrower’s equipment loan privileges for one calendar year. These violations are as follows:
- Returning library equipment through any of our campus drop boxes.
- Leaving library equipment unattended or abandoned in or outside of the library.
- Failure to report any problems with, damage to, or the loss/theft of equipment immediately to library staff.
- Failure to return library equipment before it becomes 3 days past due.
Please note that other forms of equipment-related misconduct may also result in a year-long equipment block and will be considered case-by-case.
The University of West Florida Libraries are not responsible for any lost data or documents. The borrower is solely responsible for saving files to a USB flash drive or other memory devices.
Any data or documents saved to library laptops will be permanently erased upon shutdown. When using a laptop or iPad, borrowers may sync additional data and applications, understanding that all data added by the borrower will be erased when the laptop is shut down or the iPad is returned. Any additional applications, media, or software purchased by the borrower during the loan period must be done with the borrower's money and is not the responsibility of the University of West Florida Libraries.
Overdue Fines / Damage Fees
Overdue fines are charged to encourage the prompt return of items to ensure fair access of the equipment to other borrowers.
Fines will be recorded on the borrower's library account and the borrower's university account and may result in library borrowing restrictions as well as university restrictions on things such as registration and graduation.
Borrowers will be assessed late fees on equipment each day or portion thereof that the equipment is returned past its due date/time.
Borrowers will be assessed fees for damage on an individual basis because of multiple factors that need consideration: the extent of damage, whether or not the equipment is under warranty, and whether or not library staff had to contact campus police.
Please note, if equipment is three days past due, the library will report the equipment as stolen to the campus police and apply the full replacement cost to the borrower's library and university accounts. The borrower will lose equipment loan privileges for one year.