Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility VA Education Benefits | University of West Florida
Skip to main content

VA Education Benefits

You may be eligible for educational benefits through numerous GI Bill® programs to advance your education and skills. Our VetSuccess on Campus Counselor offers active duty service members, veterans and eligible dependents personalized counseling and support to ensure most effective use of VA benefits.

Spouses and family members may also be eligible for education and training assistance. In fact, 25 percent of those benefiting from VA educational programs are non-veterans. Some might find they're eligible for more than one benefit or that one program is more suited to certain education and training goals than another.

Learn about these education and training programs administered by VA or start your application.

Apply for VA Education Benefits

Steps to Apply for VA Educational Benefits

Once you are admitted to UWF, you can contact the Military & Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) for information on how to process your file for benefits.

  1. Apply to the University.
  2. Order your military transcripts.
  3. Identify your VA Educational Benefit Chapter.
  4. Apply for VA Educational Benefits via Account and complete the correct VA application.  
    1. Provide MVRC with a copy of your confirmation page.
    2. Spouses and Dependents must also provide a copy of your Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB) to MVRC
    3. Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) upon receipt.
  5. Set up an appointment with your advisor, as they will assign you a registration PIN number so that you may register for your classes.
  6. Set up a VA file with the school's Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) and certify your classes.
  7. Submit the VA enrollment certification form (ECF) located on to certify your classes. This step must be done every semester you want to use your benefits and any time your schedule changes. The ECF is the only way the MVRC knows to send your request to the VA.
  8. Complete your monthly enrollment verification if you are utilizing your Reserve GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill® or Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits.

First-time reservists should provide a copy of the Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE).  If you paid additional contributions (kicker), submit one of the following: DD Form 2366; LES, if deductions are payroll deducted; or DD Form 1131, Cash Voucher.  

Once you are registered, EACH semester you MUST submit a VA enrollment certification request online via your MyUWF account.