Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee is a federally mandated, campus-based committee having responsibility for overseeing the institution’s compliance with the care and use of animals.
UWF policy requires that all educational, training, or research activities involving vertebrate animal subjects, at any UWF campus or by any UWF faculty, staff or student, must be reviewed and approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee prior to initiation. ANY PURCHASE OF ANIMALS FOR RESEARCH MUST BE APPROVED BY THE IACUC PRIOR TO PURCHASE.
For faculty, staff or students working in direct contact with animals:
- Required Reading: UWF IACUC Policy & Procedures (PDF)
- Required Reading: Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Additional Information for Researchers
|Forms for Researchers|
|IACUC Application Form 2017 (PDF)||Researchers must use this form when submitting a project for IACUC approval.|
|IACUC Field Collections for Student Research and Teaching (PDF)||Researchers planning to conduct animal field collections for use in student research and teaching must submit this form to IACUC for approval.|
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 850-857-6203.
- Dr. Peter Cavnar, Biology (Chair)
- Dr. J. McDaniel, Veterinarian
- Dr. Youngil Lee, HLES
- Dr. Claudia Stanny, CUTLA
- Dr. Scott Taylor, Biology
- Dr. Joshua Smith, Community Representative/Veterinarian
- Dr. Karen Pritchard, Biology
- Dr. Joe Lepo, CEDB
- Peter Robinson, EHS
- Dr. Carolyn Pritchett, Psychology
- Dr. Nicholas Power, Philosophy
Registered Research Facility
UWF's Animal Care and Use Program recently became an approved Research Facility registered with the USDA. This registration ensures the University's compliance with the Animal Welfare Act.