News and Announcements:
To learn more about what is happening in Human Resources and around campus, review the articles below.
Welcome to the Human Resources' website. Whether you are a staff member, faculty member, applicant, student, or a member of the public, we welcome your visit and look forward to assisting you. Our website is designed to provide portals for site visitors based on the type of visitor: job seeker, new hire, employee, or supervisor.
NEW FRS Certification Form
Important Notice: As a result of the passage of Senate Bill 7026, the Florida Retirement System (FRS) has updates to the FRS Certification Form that is required to be completed by all new employees.
Note the following regarding the FRS Certification Form:
- Please begin using the new Florida Retirement System (FRS) Certification Forms immediately. (CERT revised 05/2018)
- Please delete/remove all prior Florida Retirement System (FRS) Certification Forms, as prior versions of this form are no longer valid.
- When a prospective employee signs a certification form, they are certifying that they have not retired from any State of Florida administered retirement plan.
- Our organization may be jointly liable for repayment of funds paid out if you hire a retiree in violation of re-employment after retirement provisions.
- Each prospective employee must sign and date this form before the hiring process is completed and an offer of employment is made.
- The signed form will be maintained in the employee’s personnel file.
- Forms are available online.
Human Resources must verify with FRS online that the prospective employee has not received an Investment Plan distribution or retired from the Pension Plan BEFORE they can be hired.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions or need any assistance at (850) 474-2694.
Updated Effort and Leave Recap Forms - Effective 3/25/2018
Beginning with the current pay period, all Effort and Leave Recap forms have been revised. Both the OPS/Student and Non-Exempt Effort and Leave Recaps now include a field for the overtime pay index. When preparing an Effort and Leave Recap for overtime that should be charged to a different pay index, use this field to denote the proper pay index. If no pay index is notated on the Effort and Leave Recap, the Payroll Department will charge the overtime hours to the position’s current pay index(es). These forms are now located on the Human Resources website under the HR Forms and Resources in Alphabetical Listing and Special Forms. Additional information on these forms has also been added to the Employee and Supervisor pages for Time and Leave Reporting.
Information regarding the Nine Month Faculty Pay Over 12 months option
You are invited to review the materials provided below which outline the characteristics of a deferred pay plan for Nine Month Faculty member’s salary being paid over 12 months. These materials include a review of the advantages and disadvantages of this plan option and its effects on insurance, benefits and retirement, and possible alternatives to participating in the Plan.
The enrollment dates for this program will be March 1, 2018 to June 29, 2018. Those who are enrolled and wish to discontinue must complete the Termination form between March 1, 2018 to June 29, 2018. Enrollment and Termination forms must be sent to Human Resources Bldg. 20 East and received by close of business June 29, 2018.
- Video of the Thursday, April 2, 2015 informational Session
- PowerPoint Presentation (It is recommended that you print out this presentation and then view the video)
- Excel Estimating Tool: This is an excel file designed for you to look at how your personal salary and benefits would look in the current pay plan and in the Nine Month Faculty Pay Over 12 months option.
- Once you have viewed the video and used the excel calculation tool, you may complete the Authorization For Nine Month Faculty Pay Over 12 Months Plan Option form and return it to Human Resources, Building 20 East.
- Form to Request Termination of the Nine Month Faculty pay over 12 months Plan Option
- Frequently Asked Questions
State of Florida Insurance Dependent Eligibility Verification Audit
The Division of State Group Insurance (DSGI) is contracting with the independent audit firm, Health Management Systems, Inc. (HMS), to verify that dependents enrolled in the State of Florida group health insurance plan meet eligibility guidelines to participate in the State Group Insurance Program.
Enrollees will receive communications directly from HMS. The first letter will have a unique reference number that enables enrollees to log on to HMS’ web portal to upload documents or contact HMS’ call center to ask for help.
The phase of the audit in which University employees are participating begins March 26, 2018.
Questions should be directed to HMS using the following resources:
- The HMS call center is (877) 577-4549
- The fax number for HMS is (877) 223-8478
- The HMS web portal address is www.verifyOS.com
Upon successful completion of the Verification Audit, employees will receive a confirmation postcard from HMS/Division of State Group Insurance.
To view our job openings, go to jobs.uwf.edu.
We are committed to continuously improving our website. If you have questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, we welcome your feedback.
Combined Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
The University of West Florida is committed to assisting all members of the UWF community in providing for their own safety and security. The 2017 – 2018 Combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on the University of West Florida Police Department website.
The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, university police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University of West Florida; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the 2017–2018 Combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, visit the UWF Police Department at Building 94 or request a copy be mailed to you by calling 850-474-2022. This information is required by law and is provided by the University of West Florida Police Department.