ECAT Bus Service
Escambia County Area Transit (ECAT) services UWF with Bus Route 43 to the Pensacola campus.
No car, no problem
In Pensacola, ECAT provides bus service to the UWF main campus from Route 43. Some students use it when their vehicle needs repair, others choose to save on the expense of owning a car, paying for gas and insurance while they are going to college. They also like the idea of using community transportation that leaves a smaller carbon footprint on the planet.
You can pick up your bus pass in either Building 20W, Room 151 in the Business and Auxiliary Services office or in Building 91 at Parking and Transportation Services. The ECAT bus stops at three locations on campus: Village West Apartments (Bldg. 901); School of Science & Engineering (Bldg. 4); and WUWF Public Media (Bldg. 88).
ECAT BUS PASS PROGRAM GUIDELINES
- Current, registered students may receive one 10-Ride bus pass each week.
- A valid student Nautilus Card I.D. is required for verification of registration as a student during a given term.
- Passes are available beginning at Housing check-in through the last day of finals each term.
- Passes are NOT available on holidays, weekends, or between terms.
- Abuse or attempted abuse of the Bus Pass Guidelines may be cause for a loss of privileges.
Transfers - Your ECAT Transfer will be active for 2 hours of time. When you board the bus:
- Pay your fare.
- If needed, request a transfer.
- You may use this transfer for the 2-hour time period marked on the back.
- When the 2-hour time period expires, you must use another bus pass or pay the base fare.
Escambia County Area Transit (ECAT) operates ECAT Buses and the UWF Trolley. In the event that a Tornado Warning is issued for Escambia County, ECAT buses and the UWF trolley service will be stopped until the Tornado Warning is lifted or severe weather has passed.
On Board Wireless - Wireless connection is available on select buses. If the bus you board has a 4”x7” “Wi-Fi Provided by ECAT” sign behind the bus operator’s seat, you can access the internet.
How To Connect:
- Join a wireless network on your computer or smartphone.
- No password is needed. Wi-Fi is an open network and secure.
Average download speed is 600Kbps to 1.4Mbps. Peak download speed is up to 3.1Mbps. Average upload speed is 350Kbps to 500Kbps. Peak upload speed is 1.8 Mbps.
This is ECAT - Connecting You video (YouTube) about On Board Wireless, Automatic Vehicle Location, and Automatic Voice Announcements.
All ECAT buses are equipped with a bike rack. Each bike rack can accommodate two bicycles and are available on a first come, first served basis. If you plan to use the service, please view ECAT's video How to Load a Bicycle. (YouTube)