Florida SBDC at UWF
Our mission: Providing businesses the expertise and resources to succeed. The Florida Small Business Development Center at the University of West Florida - College of Business (Florida SBDC at UWF) delivers, through certified professionals, consulting, training and information to help businesses succeed and create a positive impact for the Florida economy, while providing value for our stakeholders.
- Who - The Florida SBDC at UWF is part of a statewide service network of more than 40 centers that offer consulting and educational services to small business owners. We are based in the University of West Florida's College of Business.
- What - Motivated entrepreneurs and emerging business owners have access to our team of experienced and credentialed business consultants and specialists to help accelerate business growth and expansion. Our consultants bring local businesses access to a network of state and national experts and resources needed to compete in today's global marketplace.
- Why - When local area businesses thrive, our economy thrives. Everyone wins. Our role is to assist in Florida's economic development by helping entrepreneurs in every stage of the business life cycle. We help business owners in their sound decisions in a complex, ever-changing market.
- When - Since 1976, Florida's SBDC Network has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Where - We maintain full-service offices in Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach and Panama City, supporting the following counties: Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Bay, Gulf, Calhoun, Jackson, Washington and Holmes.
- How - We are funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the Network's and our lead host institution and direct supporter. We utilize the expertise and resources of UWF, College of Business, and the Association of SBDC's on a local, regional and national level to best meet the needs of our clients.
State designated as Florida's Principal Provider of Business Assistance [288,001,Fla.Stat.]. The Florida SBDC at UWF is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide service network funded in part through cooperative agreements with the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida and other private and public partners; hosted by the University of West Florida; and nationally accredited by the Association of SBDCs.