Center for Cybersecurity
The UWF Center for Cybersecurity is the regional hub for cybersecurity education and research, including multidisciplinary programs and certificates, research opportunities, outreach activities, and industry partnerships.
UWF has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
UWF is the NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence Regional Resource Center for Southeast
As the NSA/DHS Cybersecurity CAE Regional Resource Center for the Southeast, UWF provides leadership to advance cyber defense education among colleges and universities in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico and South Carolina.
Center for Cybersecurity to host CAE Executive Leadership Forum
Academia, industry and government executives will learn about national initiatives and network with peers to delve into cybersecurity education and workforce development at the 2019 Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Executive Leadership Forum (ELF). The forum is sponsored by the NSA/DHS National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Program (CAE-CD and CAE-CO) and hosted by the Center for Cybersecurity at the University of West Florida.
Name: Dr. Gregory Hall
Title: Research Scientist
Alma maters: Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Idaho; M.S. and B.S. University of West Florida
Previous employer: Accenture Federal Services; Endgame; Harris; Endeavor Systems; ManTech; and Texas State University
Areas of cybersecurity expertise: offensive cyber operations; vulnerability assessment; malware analysis; and digital forensics
Research background: malware genealogy; intelligence driven vulnerability assessment; binary diversification; insider threat detection; and moving target defenses
Interests outside of cybersecurity: performance automobile driving; console gaming; and Yorkshire terriers
In the News
- April 2, 2019 | Miami Herald
- Chinese woman carrying malware arrested at Mar-a-Lago heading to a Cindy Yang event
- March 21, 2019 | PNJ| UWF Newsroom
- Cybersecurity execs from across U.S. to gather in Pensacola
- February 26, 2019 | Forbes| DarkReading
- Cybercrime & Hackers 'More Devastating' To SMB's Than Fire, Flood & Transit Strike Combined
UWF Center for Cybersecurity Blog
- December 08, 2018 12:30Cybersecurity ambassadors open students' eyes to the dangers of identity theft
- November 28, 2018 12:30Target Red Team senior engineer returns to alma mater to share advice, develop recruiting pipeline
- October 27, 2018 10:30Talented teenagers impress Congressman Gaetz at UWF