Department of Theatre
The Department of Theatre is an exclusively undergraduate audition-only program offering individualized training in performance, design/tech and management through the classroom, laboratory (productions) and professional development opportunities. The faculty is actively involved in professional theatre, opera and dance companies outside the University offering students current skills and professional connections.
Department of Theatre
The Theatre Department is an undergraduate only program designed to provide the training and experience to help our students grow to the next level. The department is small enough to provide one-on-one work with instructors, but large enough to deliver a wide range of realized production opportunities. Students are encouraged to become involved their first semester on campus and receive a wide-range of opportunities in all areas of Theatre. One of the key features of the Department of Theatre at UWF is the degree to which all the faculty is engaged in professional theatre, opera and dance companies outside the University. This unique level of professional engagement enhances the experience of students by ensuring that their education is pre-professional training.
- Mon, 02 Apr 2018 16:53:52 +0000UWF Department of Music presents UWF Singers Concert ‘Arise!’
- Mon, 26 Mar 2018 15:44:57 +0000UWF Department of Theatre presents “The Skin of Our Teeth”
- Thu, 22 Feb 2018 19:30:07 +0000Local comedian supports UWF theatre in honor of alumnus son
Sat, 15 Dec 2018 01:30:00 GMTSat, 15 Dec 2018 01:30:00 GMT
Sun, 16 Dec 2018 01:30:00 GMTSun, 16 Dec 2018 01:30:00 GMT
Sun, 16 Dec 2018 20:30:00 GMTSun, 16 Dec 2018 20:30:00 GMT
2018-2019 Theatre Season
The School for Scandal
- by Richard Brinsley Sheridan
- October 12-14 & 19-21, 2018
A Christmas Carol: A Ghost Story of Christmas
- by Charles Dickens with adaptation by Michael Wilson
- December 7-9 & 14-16, 2018
The Little Mermaid
- Music by Alan Menken, Lyrics by Howard Ashman & Glenn Slater, Book by Doug Wright
- February 15-17 & 22-24, 2019
- by David Bottrell & Jessie Jones
- April 5-7 & 12-14, 2019
UWF's Center for Fine and Performing Arts specializes in showcasing the artistic, theatrical and musical work of UWF students. It's home to UWF performance, exhibitions and guest artists. Visit the UWF CFPA online for information on performances, exhibitions, tickets and venue rentals.